Thursday, October 28, 2010

You don't have to be poor to be spiritual

I used to believe that you had to be poor to be spiritual.  I think the notion came from my Sunday School lessons and I embraced it with a passion.  Hence, I was happy to be poor.

As I have progressed in life, I have come to realise that money does not make you happy.  Conversely being poor does not make you happy either.

It is very hard to stay connected with your spiritual side while you are constantly worrying how you are going to pay for your next bill or keep a roof over your head.  Lets face it, we live in a material world and money is needed to live in a material world.  We can't all be self sufficient to the extent of not needing money.

I have observed people who have touched my life.  I have met many lovely spiritual people both rich and poor.  They are all just really nice people and the amount of money they have makes no difference to the people they are.  The only thing I have noticed is that the rich people have the means to help people spiritually as well as physically.

As soon as I made up my mind that I no longer needed to be poor to be spiritual, my material world started to change.  Very slowly at first but it is getting better every day.  As the financial pressures disappear, the more I can concentrate on the spiritual and physical side of my life.

Life has a lot of challenges and opportunities for you to grow.  Don't waste them all by conentrating solely on your material life.

No comments:

Post a Comment