Monday, September 13, 2010

This is my life

This is my life.  I make my own choices and decisions.  I am totally responsible for every emotion I feel, every situation I have been in and every outcome that has occurred during my lifetime.

I do not know if it is the age we are living in or the culture that has evolved but I constantly hear people blaming others for the predictaments they find themselves in.  Quite frankly, I find the victim mentality very tiresome.

We all have to make our own choices and live with the consequences.  Sometimes life delivers a nasty blow but it is entirely up to you how to deal with the situation.  The outcome is your responsibility.  You can't blame others for the way your life ends up.  They may have made bad choices that did have an impact on your life but your reactions to the situation is your responsibility. 

Some people abdicate responsibility for making a choice or decision and let someone else make their decisions for them be it a psychic, partner or parent etc.  By letting someone else make a decision for you, you have made a choice to let someone else run your life.  You are still responsible for the outcome because you made a passive choice not to do anything.

We do not always have control of what hand life deals us, but we do have control of our reactions.  Next time something unexpected happens to you, don't go into the victim mode, take a look at the situation and find the positives in it.  This is not always easy and it does take practice.

Next time someone tries to make decisions for you, acknowledge that you are allowing them to make the decision or choose to make your own decision.  This may sound harsh but nobody will look after your interests if you are not willing to look after your own interests.  Make your life decisions and actions be important to you.  Take responsibility for yourself and acknowledge the choices you are making.  Also be aware of the results of your choices.

Please, choose to take control of your life and leave those who choose to be victims to their own misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment