Saturday, November 20, 2010

Everyone needs a sanctuary

It is important that everyone has a sanctuary, a place of safety.  It is a place where you can sit and chill, or a place you can go to when you are feeling down, or a place to ponder a decision you have to make.

My main sanctuary is a room in our house.  We call it the 'quiet room'.  It is a room that houses all our crystals and is used solely for spiritual things.  The vibrations are very calming.  Every morning I go into that room and have my quiet time, being thankful for all that I have and to prepare myself for the coming day.  I also go to that room when I need to have some time out or to rid myself of negative thoughts.  This room enables me to maintain my balance.

I also enjoy nature as a calming influence.  Sitting on the beach watching the surf, or in a harbour watching boats come and go is very soothing.  Sitting in a park or a forest with running water also helps to let my mind wander.  I find water is my relaxant however when we lived in a place with limited water, I found a sanctuary in the red dirt and the night sky. 

No matter where you live, try to find a place you can spend time every day to help you with lifes trials and tribulations.  Find a place you can visit every now and then to go to when you are feeling troubled or to recharge your batteries with different vibrations to top up your feelings of wellbeing.

Everyone has a different idea of what a sanctuary is to them, whatever that may be find it, and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment