Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year

As the New Year approaches, it is time to reflect on the past and to plan the future.

This year has been full of changes for me.  At first, I did not want to accept the changes and made my life more difficult than it needed to be.  Once I accepted the changes, life got a lot more enjoyable.  I realise now, that my life had to change if I wanted to achieve my dreams.  I guess I was hoping I could achieve my dreams without changing the way I live.  The old adage if you alway do what you always did you will always get what you always got comes to mind.  The changes may have been painful but they were certainly worth while.  My life has changed dramatically and I am so thankful for that.

Part of my changes helped me to really appreciate the family and friends who surround me now.  They helped me through a difficult time and stood by me.  I am truly blessed to have these people in my life.  I enjoy spending time with my family and friends and the laughter and wellbeing associated with their company.

I have grown as a person and have started to work towards my goals and dreams rather than waiting for them to be handed to me on a platter.  I will no longer hang on to anyone else's coattails to get the life that I want (hanging on someone else's coattails didn't work anyway).  I do sometimes worry that I have left my run a bit late then realise that worrying is a part of my past I will leave behind.  I have become more aware of my useless habits and endeavour not to make use of them in my present or future.  It is not always easy but the more I practice positive life choices the easier it becomes.

After spending Christmas Day with family, I realised how truly blessed I really am.  I could not ask for a better family.

The New Year is looming.  I will not make any New Year's Resolutions.  The thing is that I have been enacting my new resolutions during the year, I did not have to wait for a New Year to change.  I will welcome the New Year as a celebration of the past and anticipation for the future.

Happy New Year to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment